Late David Gordon (happened to be my econometrics professor) many radical
economists documented/argued that MNC/TNC investment decisions are only
partially based on labor cost considerations. Obviously, this in itself
suggests nothing regarding the question of "generalized 'race to bottom'"
phenomenon. I am doing some reading and preliminary investigation on the
US economic well-being, provoked by a recent study at the Levy Institute
(downloadable!).  My initial sense is that there is a decline in economic
well-being between 1989 and 2000, contrary to the Levy study.

I appreciate hearing other views on this Levy work if anyone already read it.