At 5:59 PM -0400 10/22/03, Doug Henwood wrote:
Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
We should make wages relative to labor productivity an issue, though.
Good luck explaining the concept.
Why Wojtek, I didn't know you lurked on pen-l.

Here's a problem. As long as people's wages are rising by n%, it's hard to make them upset that profits are rising 1.5n%. American incomes have been polarizing for over 25 years. Why has it never become a serious political issue?

The dearth of political institutions -- unions, political parties, etc.-- making a big issue out of real wages, work hours, etc. relative to productivity trends? -- Yoshie

* Calendars of Events in Columbus:
<http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>,