No you said you respect him (and I infer, even admire his intellectual
capacity).

You go right ahead and respect this sycophant who has endorsed and
legitimized embezzlers, felons, con-artists-- talk about whoring.  Everybody
knew, and I mean everybody in the financial world, that you could get
Greenspan to endorse anything if you paid him enough when he had his
consulting business.  In this he is the perfect representative of his class.

You go right ahead, respect this person, criticize his behaviour, while he
impoverishes millions, and laughs all the way to the central bank.

The critical task is to expose him for what he truly is-- a fraud, just as
the bourgeoisie's notions of free markets are fraudulent and are deployed to
justify the imposition of the death squad economy. Remember the Chicago
boys?  Remember that other phony, and psychotic, pseudo rationalist Friedman
and his free markets?  Remember where the Chicago boys got their first real
jobs?  Pinochet's Chile. Should we respect Friedman?

Economics really is concentrated history.  It is class struggle.

You give Greenspan far more credit than he is due, and thus mystify,
fetishize, the social relationship that makes him appear so erudite, so
thoughtful, so dedicated, when in reality, all that is going on is the
determination of the bourgeoisie to further reduce the living standards of
those already on short rations.

The ultimate argument of the bourgeoisie?  It's not about buying and
selling, it's about aiming and firing.

dms