given how bad the Rumanian government was before Ceaucescu was overthrown, I find the
view presented by NPR poet-commentator to be a bit more plausible: the same thugs that
ruled before the "revolution" ended up in power afterwards (with the notable exception
of Ceaucescu and his family).

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine