joanna bujes wrote:

> Agreed.
>
> Joanna
>
> dmschanoes wrote:
>
> >Really?  I don't think so.  I think it has nothing at all to do with
> >experience and/or capability, and everything to do with connections and
> >representing specific class interests.

This is too simple. Not _all_ the people with connections and loyalty to
exploiting class interests are also leaders. Some of them prefer to go
and drown in New Guinea for sport or act in their own porn movies or
loll on beaches in private Mediterranean islands. Others prefer to be
CEO of Chase Manhattan or Under Secretary of State for Latin American
Affairs.

Most of them (unfortunately for us) are pretty damn competent, though
it's because of their connections that they get to exercise that
competence.

The trouble with moral criticism of our enemies is that it is
incompatible with the fundamental principle of warfare (including class
war): Know Your Enemy.

Carrol