From: "Devine, James" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 7:02 PM
Subject: Re: Building a Movement That Outlasts the Occupation

Joanna writes:
>What's new is that somebody seems to care. Somehow, this seems to be
turning out to be the final straw. It was about time. So, I understand
that it is not really new as does most of the left, but this is an
inadequate response. If the media is actually willing to report this
story, what good does it do for the left to say "Ah, that's nothing,
think about the prisons in the U.S., and the School of the Americas,

that's right. We have to be clear not only about what we think and know, but
about what people outside of the left are thinking and knowing. That helps
us bring them over to our side.

Jim Devine