Joanna writes:
>What's new is that somebody seems to care. Somehow, this seems to be
turning out to be the final straw. It was about time. So, I understand
that it is not really new as does most of the left, but this is an
inadequate response. If the media is actually willing to report this
story, what good does it do for the left to say "Ah, that's nothing,
think about the prisons in the U.S., and the School of the Americas,

that's right. We have to be clear not only about what we think and know, but about
what people outside of the left are thinking and knowing. That helps us bring them
over to our side.

Jim Devine