Chris Doss wrote:
From what I have been able to find, the Bolsheviks did not consider
Chechnyans as a national minority
with a right of succession.

(clip)

Stalin knew that for ages weapons considered the symbol of freedom, honour and dignity of Chechens and Ingushs and people would not voluntarily surrenders arms. But he decided to ignore this for the sake of strengthening the dictatorship of proletariat .

V.I. Lenin:
"Stalin is too rude and this defect, although quite tolerable in our midst and in dealings among us Communists, becomes intolerable in a general secretary. That is why I suggest that the comrades think about a way of removing Stalin from that post and appointing another man in his stead who in all other respects differs from Comrade Stalin in having only one advantage, namely, that of being more tolerant, more loyal, less capricious, etc." (December 1922)

Other letters written by Lenin:

--Opposing Great Russian chauvinism of Stalin in relation to his proposal for “union” of the independent republics in the Russian Federation. [December 1922]

--Opposing Stalin’s “persecution” of the “Georgian case”. [March 5-6 1923]

http://home.mira.net/~andy/bs/1922vil.htm

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org