Devine, James wrote:
I've tried all this before (those specific instructions don't work with
my MS Outlook 2000: SR-1, 9.0.0.3821) - and I've complained to the IT
folks (and people on pen-l). So I'm trying to see how MS Word (2000,
9.0.3821 SR-1) works as my e-mail editor. Of course, the on-line version
of MS Word that I used this morning to send the message that LP responds
to doesn't have this option.

Reply:
Why don't you set up an account on yahoo?

JD:
If (1) the bureaucrat belongs to a social stratum that controls the
state in a despotic way - enough to kill or imprison those who oppose
their rule - and (2) the state owns the most important means of
production, then doesn't that bureaucrat have a social power akin to
other ruling classes?

Reply:
Yes, they had lots of power over people. What they lacked was the power
to fire workers, bequeath property to their sons or daughters,
sell/strip assets, etc. Looking at China today, with 18 year olds
committing suicide because they can't afford college, we can certainly
say that a return to the status quo ante--with all the bureaucratic
deformations--would be progress.

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org