>The lesson here is to remain militant in the streets,
not to back a bourgeois politician.

Ironically, this is, itself, a flawed analogy. "Militant in the streets" is lingo from an era of ascendant working class interests -- in particular, radical lingo from the 60s-70s. (Militancy, itself, is older than that, of course.)

By trying to mechanically employ tactics of another era, one can do
more damage than good. ("Militant in the streets," today, in North
America, usually reduces itself to theatre and marginalism.)

At any rate -- We are all grown ups and can ally with whatever we
wish at any strategic moment and not fear having to lose sight of
the reason we gave a shit in the first place.

Ken.

I've seen folks here and elsewhere contemptuously dismiss an independent electoral challenge to the Democratic Party from the left (Nader/Camejo and Greens who support them), an attempt to make voices for peace heard inside the Democratic Party (Kucinich and those who supported him), and now even protests (militant or theatrical) in the streets.

I've yet hear them present what they believe to be worth doing, let
alone see them actually doing it.
--
Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/>