From: PEN-L list [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of michael
perelman
Sent: 17 January 2005 21:24
To: PEN-L@SUS.CSUCHICO.EDU
Subject: Re: power

The problem with Jim's e-bay solution has to do with the timing.  I am
doing a job with a new computer this year.  The formal algebraic theory
says that I depreciate x from the computer today to account for the
value transferred to the commodity.  To make the correct calculation, I
would need to know e-bay prices in the future.