On 10/3/07, raghu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Far from challenging it, Blinder and the behaviorists are immeasurably
> strengthening the establishment thinking by providing a safety-valve
> for dissent.

It's a mistake to combine Blinder with the behaviorists (though they
both begin with "B"). The behaviorists are "revolutionary" only in the
sense that they are undermining the whole view of "human nature" that
economists cling to. However, in the "Inside Higher Ed," I didn't call
anyone "revolutionary" -- instead, I said that Blinder _et al_ were
"rebelling."

I'm way behind in my e-mail. I didn't even know I was published in
that mag until the reporter told me.

--
Jim Devine / "The truth is at once less sinister and more dangerous."
-- Naomi Klein.