david barkin wrote:
> I am not surprised about the report about the use of
> US anthropologists in the NY Times, but rather by the
> extraordinary lapses of memory by the profession,
> wreaked by an intense debate involving their members
> in the infamous Project Camelot.

When I was taking frosh anthropology at Yale 1970 or 1971, the prof,
J.V. Murra (reputed to be a leftist) assigned a book, titled (I
believe) "Life in the Barrio." It was a an example of "applied
anthropology" (for either Venezuela or Colombia), in which
anthro-tools were applied to tell the government how to control the
barrio.
--
Jim Devine / "The truth is at once less sinister and more dangerous."
-- Naomi Klein.