Minsky is a genius. It is a mystery to me why he is so obscure.
http://www.levy.org/pubs/wp74.pdf
-------------------snip
The Financial Instability Hypothesis

Abstract

The Financial Instability Hypothesis (FIH) has both empirical and
theoretical aspects that challenge the classic precepts of Smith and
Walras, who implied that the economy can be best understood by
assuming that it is constantly an equilibrium-seeking and sustaining
system. The theoretical argument of the FIH emerges from the
characterization of the economy as a capitalist economy with extensive
capital assets and a sophisticated financial system. In spite of the
complexity of financial relations, the key determinant of system
behavior remains the level of profits: the FIH incorporates a view in
which aggregate demand determines profits. Hence, aggregate profits
equal aggregate investment plus the government deficit. The FIH,
therefore, considers the impact of debt on system behavior and also
includes the manner in which debt is validated. Minsky identifies
hedge, speculative, and Ponzi finance as distinct income-debt
relations for economic units.

-raghu.