At about 9:20 this morning I tried to comment on a New York Times Article
*regarding
the Department of States efforts to have Latin
American*<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/12/world/americas/us-is-pressing-latin-americans-to-reject-snowden.html?partner=EXCITE&ei=5043&_r=0&pagewanted=all&pagewanted=all>countries
 reject Edward Snowden. To post a comment you have to login to a
New York Times Account. I logged into my account and typed in the following
comment (the links at the end of the comment were added so reader’s could
confirm the accuracy of statements I made, the hyper-links were added for
this posting and were not in the comment) :

Rice is the 18th Council on Foreign Relations NSA director, Petreaus was
18th CFR CIA director, Napolitano is the 1st CFR DHS director,
*Kerry*<http://www.cfr.org/about/membership/roster.html?letter=K>is the 22nd
CFR Secretary of State, the
*CFR run Carlyle
group*<https://tomjefferson1976.wordpress.com/2013/05/24/operation-this-is-a-hold-up-usa-the-cfrs-carlyle-group/>owns

*Booz-Allen the spy company* <http://t.co/4Ph9NBwsFz> Snowden worked for.
*Bill
Richardson* <http://www.cfr.org/about/membership/roster.html?letter=R> is a
CFR member and the *CFR took over the State Department*<http://t.co/l9mCMzS>in
1945 and have run it ever since. The CFR are the Military Industrial
Complex. The CFR can use information gathered by the NSA to for CFR
corporate member profit. CFR members in the *NSA can spy on target and kill
American
citizens*<http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-when-its-okay-to-kill-americans-drone-strikes-2013-5http://>.

President Obama is surrounded by CFR members and is little more than a CFR
puppet, *every president since Wilson has
been*<http://goodtimesweb.org/overseas-war/0595324266_ImperialBrain.pdf>.
Snowden is a hero. *CFR corporate
members*<http://www.cfr.org/about/corporate/roster.html>have bought both houses
of congress through legalized bribery we call
lobbying. A grand jury should be convened to investigate the Council on
Foreign Relations for crimes against humanity as well as other fraudulent
acts committed by Council on Foreign Relations Bank and Wall Street CEOs. *
http://t.co/l9mCMzS* <http://t.co/l9mCMzS> *
http://www.scribd.com/doc/91528610/Council-on-Foreign-Relations-Chart*<http://www.scribd.com/doc/91528610/Council-on-Foreign-Relations-Chart>

A message appeared saying the comment had to be edited before being
published and had a little box to check if I wanted the NYT Editor to
contact me with their decision. At 12:30 I still hadn’t received an e-mail
so I checked the article. It said that there were 220 comments and comments
were closed. I looked through the comments and my comment was not there.
Not one comment mentioned anything about the CFR connection to the NSA,
CIA,DHS, the Department of State or the Military Industrial Complex. The
article quotes CFR member Bill Richardson and mentions CFR member John
Kerry.

The article is deaf, dumb and blind to the CFR connection to Snowden and
the NSA. It is also misleading. It is not the U.S. citizens pressing Latin
Americans it is unelected Council on Foreign Relations members in the CFR
run State Department doing the pressing to protect unelected CFR members
who run the NSA and CFR members who own Booz-Allen-Hamilton, the company
Snowden worked for.

Andrew M. Rosenthal  has been the Editorial Page Editor of The New York
Times since 2007. Andrew is a CFR member. Are New York Times Editors
shaping *news stories to influence public
opinion*<https://tomjefferson1976.wordpress.com/2013/05/08/pictures-in-our-heads-the-cfrs-syrian-chemical-weapons-psyop-2/>to

*Council on Foreign Relations
ends*<http://www.smellslikehumanspirit.com/2013/05/bernayspropaganda4.html>?
Does the New York Times hire NSA/CIA operatives as editors to monitor user
comments?

Did you know that *President Obama’s National Security
Policy*<https://tomjefferson1976.wordpress.com/2013/03/24/obamas-new-world-order-national-security-policy-says-us-to-join-international-order/>has
 the U.S. giving up its sovereignty and joining an international regime?
Shouldn’t the New York Times have published my comment? Shouldn’t a
grand-jury be convened to investigate the Council on Foreign Relations for
crimes against humanity as well as other fraudulent acts committed by
Council on Foreign Relations Bank and Wall Street CEOs.

U.S. Is Pressing Latin Americans to Reject Snowden

[image: Snowdon
Pic]<http://tomjefferson1976.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/snowdon-pic.jpg>

* Play video* <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yB3n9fu-rM> By Meridith
Kohut and Erica Berenstein the Guardian, via Associated Press

*An Offer of Asylum for Snowden:* Venezuelans weigh in on the implications
of the invitation by President Nicolás Maduro’s to the American fugitive
Edward J. Snowden.

By *WILLIAM
NEUMAN*<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/n/william_neuman/index.html>and

*RANDAL C.
ARCHIBOLD*<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/a/randal_c_archibold/index.html>

Published: July 11, 2013 *220
Comments*<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/12/world/americas/us-is-pressing-latin-americans-to-reject-snowden.html?partner=EXCITE&ei=5043&_r=0&pagewanted=all&pagewanted=all#commentsContainer>

CARACAS, Venezuela — The United States is conducting a diplomatic
full-court press to try to block Edward J. Snowden, the fugitive American
intelligence contractor, from finding refuge in Latin America, where three
left-leaning governments that make defying Washington a hallmark of their
foreign policies have publicly vowed to take him in.

[image: mural
pic]<http://tomjefferson1976.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/mural-pic.jpg>Meridith
Kohut for The New York Times

A mural in Caracas depicts the hand of the Venezuelan government choking
Uncle Sam. The rat has “traitor” in Spanish on it.

*Readers’ Comments*

Readers shared their thoughts on this article.

   - *Read All Comments (220)
»*<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/12/world/americas/us-is-pressing-latin-americans-to-reject-snowden.html?partner=EXCITE&ei=5043&_r=0&pagewanted=all&pagewanted=all#comments>

Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. took the unusual step of telephoning
President Rafael Correa of Ecuador to urge him not to give asylum to Mr.
Snowden. Senior State Department officials have also pushed Venezuela, one
of the three countries offering to shelter him, with both sides keenly
aware that hopes for better ties and an exchange of ambassadors after years
of tension could be on the line.

And all across the region, American embassies have communicated
Washington’s message that letting Mr. Snowden into Latin America, even if
he shows up unexpectedly, would have lasting consequences.

“There is not a country in the hemisphere whose government does not
understand our position at this point,” a senior State Department official
focusing on the matter said recently, adding that helping Mr. Snowden
“would put relations in a very bad place for a long time to come.”

“If someone thinks things would go away, it won’t be the case,” the
official said.

But Washington is finding that its leverage in Latin America is limited
just when it needs it most, a reflection of how a region that was once a
broad zone of American power has become increasingly confident in its
ability to act independently.

“Our influence in the hemisphere is diminishing,” said Bill Richardson, a
former American ambassador to the United Nations who visited Venezuela this
year as a representative of the Organization of American States. “It’s
important that the Obama administration and Secretary of State Kerry devote
more time to the region and buttress our relationship with some of the
moderate countries, like Mexico and Colombia and Brazil and Peru, to resist
that anti-U.S. movement.”

At the same time, Mr. Richardson said, there should be efforts to build
bridges to countries antagonistic to the United States.

The countries offering to take in Mr. Snowden — Venezuela, Nicaragua and
Bolivia — belong to a bloc of governments engaged in a constant war of
words with the United States. Venezuela and Bolivia have expelled American
ambassadors and other officials, and in a television interview this week
Venezuela’s foreign minister openly shrugged off the American pressure
campaign.

“The State Department and the government of the United States should know
that Venezuela learned a long time ago and defeated pressures from any part
of the world,” the minister, Elías Jaua, said.

The United States has continued to reach out to Venezuela. Roberta S.
Jacobson, assistant secretary of state for Western Hemisphere affairs,
repeated the Obama administration’s position on Mr. Snowden this week in a
phone call with the chargé d’áffaires of the Venezuelan Embassy in
Washington, a government official said.

In some cases, the diplomatic effort seems to have paid off. Ecuador at one
point appeared eager to grant Mr. Snowden refuge, but it gradually seemed
to back off, saying that it could not even consider his request for asylum
unless he was in the country or in one of its embassies abroad.

The call from Mr. Biden brought an uncharacteristically warm response from
Mr. Correa, who often rails against what he sees as excessive American
influence in the region. In an interview, he praised Mr. Biden as being
cordial, saying the vice president asked him not to grant asylum and
explained that “it could greatly deteriorate relations, but without any
kind of threat, just presenting the importance that the Snowden case has
for them.”

By contrast, Mr. Correa bristled at what he viewed as threats by American
senators who vowed to end trade preferences on some Ecuadorean goods if his
country sheltered Mr. Snowden. One group of preferences expires at the end
of the month unless renewed by Congress, but Ecuador has sought separate
White House approval for duty-free treatment for roses, broccoli and
artichokes. The White House said last week it was postponing a decision.

Mr. Snowden’s leaks sometimes appear timed to coincide with where he is at
the moment or hopes to go. When he was hiding out in Hong Kong, *he leaked
documents*<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/15/world/asia/ex-nsa-contractors-disclosures-could-complicate-his-fate.html?pagewanted=all>about
 American spying in China.

Now it is Latin America’s turn. This week, a Brazilian newspaper, O Globo,
has printed articles based on his leaks about how the United States has
been collecting data on telephone calls and e-mail traffic in Brazil and
other Latin American countries, pushing even close allies of the United
States to lodge angry protests with Washington.

The intensity in the region has been fueled in part by the airborne
misadventure last week of President Evo Morales of Bolivia, whose plane was
turned back from French airspace and forced to make an emergency landing in
Vienna after a meeting in Moscow, where Mr. Snowden has been holed up in an
airport.

Bolivian authorities called the episode a hijacking, saying the reason was
unfounded suspicions that Mr. Snowden was on board, and they accused the
United States of being behind it. They also accused Spain, Portugal and
Italy of refusing to allow Mr. Morales’s plane to fly over or land in their
countries. Latin American leaders quickly rallied to his side, condemning
the treatment as an affront to the entire region.

But for all the bluster, it is possible that no government in the region is
really eager to see Mr. Snowden land in its country. None of the countries
that have offered him asylum have said they would be willing to go fetch
him — a potentially complicated undertaking, given what happened to Mr.
Morales’s aircraft.

Mr. Richardson said that he was baffled by the stance of Venezuela’s
president, Nicolás Maduro. He met with Mr. Maduro in April, just before he
was elected, and said he was asked to tell Washington that Venezuela wanted
to improve relations, which have been rocky for years.

Mr. Maduro then sent his foreign minister, Mr. Jaua, to shake hands with
Secretary of State John Kerry, and they agreed to start talks that would
eventually lead to a new exchange of ambassadors. But it seems clear that
any hopes for better relations would be scuttled if Mr. Snowden were given
safe haven.

“What I think is going on among Bolivia, Venezuela and Nicaragua and
possibly others is, who can replace Chávez as the main U.S. antagonist?”
said Mr. Richardson, referring to Venezuela’s former president, Hugo
Chávez, who died in March. “But the risk for them is a diminished
relationship and possibly some retaliation with the U.S. They may feel the
headlines they get from being anti-U.S. is worth it for them domestically.”

Ultimately, Nicaragua would be loath to anger the United States, its
principal trading partner, especially as it awaits an annual State
Department assessment that helps it get international loans and the
expansion of a trade preference that allows some of its products to enter
the United States duty-free, said Carlos F. Chamorro, a Nicaraguan analyst
critical of the government. He argued that the asylum offer made by
Nicaragua’s president, Daniel Ortega, amounted to grandstanding, hedged by
a caveat that the offer stood “if the circumstances permit.”

“It’s consistent with Ortega’s policy to provoke up to a certain point the
American administration while at the same time doing everything to maintain
better relations,” Mr. Chamorro said.

Still, Washington’s push for extradition has poked at a sore spot for
several countries that have sought the extradition of people wanted by
their justice systems.

Mr. Correa has pointed to the case of two brothers, William and Roberto
Isaias, who ran a bank at the center of a huge Ecuadorean financial scandal
in the 1990s. They were convicted in absentia of financial wrongdoing in an
Ecuadorean court. They now live in the United States, but repeated requests
for extradition have been unsuccessful.

And Venezuela has demanded the extradition of Luis Posada Carriles, a
former C.I.A. operative accused here of masterminding the bombing of a
Cuban airliner that killed 73 people in the 1970s. He escaped from a
Venezuelan prison in the 1980s and went to live in the United States.

“The first thing you need to do to have the moral standing to ask for the
extradition of this youth Snowden, whose only act is to reveal the crimes
that you committed, is to turn over Luis Posada Carriles, who you are
protecting,” Mr. Maduro said this month.

*William Neuman reported from Caracas, and Randal C. Archibold from Mexico
City. Larry Rohter contributed reporting from Rio de Janeiro.*

A version of this article appeared in print on July 12, 2013, on page A1 of
the New York edition with the headline: U.S. Is Pressing Latin Americans To
Reject Leaker.

Please consider seriously the reason why these elite institutions are not
discussed in the mainstream press despite the immense financial and political
power they wield?
There are sick and evil occultists running the Western World. They are power
mad lunatics like something from a kids cartoon with their fingers on the
nuclear button! Armageddon is closer than you thought. Only God can save our
souls from their clutches, at least that's my considered opinion - Tony

"PEPIS" group. Please feel free to forward it to anyone who might be interested
particularly your political representatives, journalists and spiritual
leaders/dudes.

---
"PEPIS" group.
to pepis+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.