On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 09:05:35AM -0500, Ryan King wrote:

> Since there is a huge, practical, difference between "Having stuff in
> t/*" and "Tested well enough that it's darn near impossible to break the
> code without seeing a failing test."

Heh, if we can actually start thinking about this I think the QA
project is going well.  It was just <<counts on fingers>> seven months
ago that we discovered a little over 1/3 of the whole distribution is
untested and started this in earnest.

Not a bad run.

> Now, "Having stuff in t/*" is probably better than nothing at all, and
> I'm not saying otherwise.  However, for those modules that haven't
> acheived the state of near-invincibility, I motion we create:
>
> http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/cgi-bin/perl-qa-wiki.cgi?PoorlyTestedModules

That'll be your job.  Here's your signet ring and gilded megaphone.

> (I'd create it myself, but at the moment the wiki seems to be having
> trouble.)

Not again!  Crapolla.  My webmaster has been flipping setuid bits,
which is good, but he forgets to tell me, which is bad.

If anyone wants to take the QA Wiki off my hands, please do.  I looked
at setting it up on Swiki.net but never got around to it.

> I don't know enough about CPAN to say, but is there any way we can watch
> the list of bugs and fixes to make sure we follow up with tests when the
> individual authors don't?

rt.cpan.org just got set up for just such bug tracking, but it's just
starting.  There's also bugs.perl.org for core bugs, there's a lot of
digging through that which needs to be done.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One