On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 10:11:51PM +0100, Tels wrote:
> oh, related to:

> ?

Yes.  You can pretty much just make them thin wrappers around the
appropriate File::Spec method to preserve the MM interface and mention
that their use is deprecated in favor of File::Spec.

    sub canonpath {
        return File::Spec->canonpath($_[1]);
    }

or if you're feeling really compact

    foreach my $meth (qw(canonpath catdir ...)) {
        *{__PACKAGE__.'::'.$meth} = sub {
            File::Spec->$meth($_[1]);
        };
    }

but that might be getting a little silly.

This also means you can completely junk all the versions of these
methods in the subclasses.  Anything that reduces the size of
MakeMaker has to be a good thing.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One
       Newsday, Sunday, March 20, 1988