Moin,

On 19-Nov-01 Michael G Schwern tried to scribble about:
> Here's something that would be nice to get done, finish off testing
> last three dozen modules and let YAS have $500 of my money.
> http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/cgi-bin/perl-qa-wiki.cgi?UntestedModules

I started on ExtUtils::MM_Unix. Probably I cover the rest as well.

But Wiki is not pleased:

Software error:

Could not get editing lock at perl-qa-wiki.cgi line 3224.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster
at magnonel.guild.net), giving this error message and the time and
date of the error.

Besides, some questions:

* I used Test::More. Okay?
* there are a lot of functions doing a lot of things I don't understand, so
no tests for them, yet.
* There are a couple of functions I have tests for, BUT:

        =item canonpath

        No physical check on the filesystem, but a logical cleanup of a
        path. On UNIX eliminated successive slashes and successive "/.".

        =cut

[snip]
        =item catdir

        Concatenate two or more directory names to form a complete path
        ending
[snip]

etc etc.

Shouldn't all these path functions be already somewhere else, f.i. in
File::Spec and shouldn't it use File::Spec, simply? Or am I something
missing?

> It's almost like that game show, "Win Lincoln Stein's Money"
> Remember, the sooner I have to cough up the money, the sooner I'll
> have to get a job.

Oh, it seems so easy to get rid of my job, I just need to propose to pay
some money for some unlikely event and *pouff* ;)

Cheers,

Tels

- --
 perl -MDev::Bollocks -e'print Dev::Bollocks->rand(),"\n"'
 vitalistically monetize transparent e-services

 http://bloodgate.com/perl       My current Perl projects
 PGP key available on http://bloodgate.com/tels.asc or via email