Hi!

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 10:48:11PM -0500, Andy Lester wrote:
> The Phalanx project has started its rampup to an official
> announcement.  Phalanx is going to beef up the tests, coverage and
> docs on Perl and 100 heavily-used modules from CPAN.

Have you got an plans on combining Phalanx and CPANTS?

As far as I understand it, Phalanx is mainly a manual project. I.e. real
humans (with brains and all) will look at some modules, apply some tests
(as listed in http://qa.perl.org/phalanx/kwalitee.html) and improve those
modules

CPANTS on the other hand is 100% automatic and limited to dumb computing
"power".  One of the basic ideas of CPANTS (when I first heard about from
Schwern at YAPC::Europe 2001) was exactly what you're doing now: Improving
the quality of CPAN.

I guess that there could by some synergic effects (is this an English word?
"Synergieffekte" in German?).

Leon?

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                               http://domm.zsi.at