I'll be interested to see how you handle non-Perl dependencies as in
C libraries.

Yeah, me too! :-)

If we do, then it won't be the Phalanx 100 anymore, will it. :)
I'd highly recommend against a naming scheme that limits your implementation.
Hard coded constants and all that. :)

How does it limit my implementation? Do you know for a fact that there are exactly 100 modules in the Phalanx 100? At one point, the count was 103, and that was fine by me. :-)

I'd also recommend you list by Module::Name rather than Distribution-Name.
If nothing else the Module::Name is more consistent.

The basic work unit of Phalanx is going to be the distribution. A team will take a distribution and work on it. Now, I may expand the list to show the modules that are in the distribution, but I'm looking at this from the point of view of organizing the effort.

Here's some Really Important modules you're missing.  I'm using
http://mungus.schwern.org/~schwern/cgi-bin/perl-qa-wiki.cgi?EssentialModules
for reference.

It looks like you've left off all CPAN modules which are also in the core,
I suppose you're figuring they'll be handled by the core smokers.

Core modules are phase two because of the Extra Excitement that will be caused by mucking with them and pumpking coordination and whatnot.

Most I mention because they're important. Some I mention because they tend to break a lot and reveal subtle incompatibilities in Perl.

Thanks for the list.

xoxo,
Andy

--