Hi!

CPANTS and Phalanx both care about Kwalitee. So I thought it might be a good
idea to come up with one more or less complete list of Kwalitee-hints that
both projects can use.

A lot of the hints listed at http://qa.perl.org/phalanx/kwalitee.html are
rather vague, which is OK for Phalanx, as it is run by humans.

But CPANTS needs a hard, computable list of hints.

Anyway, here is what the dev-version of CPANTS currently cosiders as
kwalitee-hints:

* distname includes version
* extracts nicely
* does not include symlinks (which some OS cannot handle)
* no strange permissions (files undeleteable by owner, eg)
* contains files:
  * Makefile.PL or Build.PL or configure
  * README
  * MANIFEST
  * t/* or test.pl
  * one *.pm in top-level OR lib/

Hints that were in Leon's last release, but which I didn't port up to now:
* POD errors
* POD/Code ratio (what would be a good measurement?)
* testers results
* number of releases

Some ideas:
* wheater PREREQ_PM matches used modules (hard!)
* AUTHOR != 'R.U. Thor'
* Description
* ratings
* a lot of code analysis (to be done without running the code!!)

Obviously, this list is far from complete, which is why I request some
feedback on more hints for Kwalitee from all of you!

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                               http://domm.zsi.at