If you haven't see AnnoCPAN, it's a new way to share comments on Perl
POD:

Example:
http://www.annocpan.org/dist/Net-ICal-0.15/lib/Net/ICal.pm

I have an idea about taking it a step further-- making it easier to
close the loop with the author to integrate updates.

CPAN documentation could be stuffed into a kwiki wiki using the POD
format feature.

Users could adjust the POD directly. The author could optionally
download the changed POD and adopt it or further refine it.

Perhaps user-contributed changes would be colorized, as they are on
AnnoCPAN.

Search.cpan.org would still prefer the official documentation as it does
now, but also provide a link to the wiki documentation for the module as
well.

There are details to work out, but I thought I would float the initial
idea for responses.

(OTOH, maybe AnnoCPAN is sufficient, since authors can copy/paste the
changes they want... )

    Mark

PS. An AnnoCPAN tip: Notice that if you are an author, you can subscribe
to all comments on your modules:
http://www.annocpan.org/~MARKSTOS/recent.rss