> > Either they're valuable enough that you install their prerequisites or
> > they're not.
>
> But how am I supposed to find this out? I dont even know whether the
> required modules are used for the tests only, without digging through the
> source...

Usually, Test::* modules are only used for the test phase.

> > Maybe there could be some sort of bundle installer that grabs a module
> > and all of its dependencies for people who do offline installations.
> > That might be a great thing.
>
> But I'd still need to install all the testing modules just to run the
> tests prior to install the module itself. Hm. It should be possible to
> take the offline-prepared bundle and run the testsuite, and only then
> install the module and the absolute nec. dependencies.

What we also miss are the test_requires/test_recommands in Module::Build.
This was discussed at some time but I don't remember whether they were
added or not. This doesn't solve the problem when you're using Makefile.PL
but it can give you hints.

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.