David Cantrell wrote:
Adam Kennedy wrote:

A testing system should only be sending FAIL reports when it believes it has a platform that is compatible with the needs of the module, but when it tries to install tests fail.

So how, then, do I tell the testing system "this module only works on Unix-like filesystems on Unix-like OSes"?

Indeed, I have similar questions.

Personally, I would have expected it would have something to do with the Makefile.PL returning with a particular error code.

So you define a set of numbers to say things like "Will not work in this environment, don't even try", or "I don't have all my dependencies" etc etc.

And you maybe Makefile.PL and Build.PL share those same error codes.

But like I said, I don't know what the current situation is.

Adam K