Tyler MacDonald wrote:
Offer Kaye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Just an example, IO::All [1] version 0.33 has been available since Dec
17, 2004. It passed testing many times, at least according to its
testers page [2]. My default 5.8.7 ActivePerl distribution lists
IO::All version 0.17 .

        According to
http://ppm.activestate.com/BuildStatus/5.8-windows/windows-5.8/IO-All-0.33.txt
it is not being built because Spiffy failed it's tests. According to
Spiffy's log, *it* did not build becuase Scalar-List-Utils failed to
build... Which is the same module that both Adam Kennedy and David Golden
are complaining about. (I wonder how many modules are being held back over
this one bug?)

Certainly hundreds. Even within just my modules it's several dozen, including the entire PPI tree, and everything related.

Including all recursion, possibly as many as 1000+ distributions are dead over that one problem.

And it keeps hanging around, and it keeps not getting fixed...

And the only thing that makes the situation worse, is that it never seems to be acknowledged, and we don't get any information.

But I'm not really too worried any more, the CamelPack means it's much easier not to just install from source than use the PPM system.

Adam K