> $ perl -MTest::Harness -wle 'runtests @ARGV' ~/tmp/stdout.t
> /Users/schwern/tmp/stdout....dubious
>        Test returned status 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
> DIED. FAILED test 1
>        Failed 1/1 tests, 0.00% okay
> Failed Test                 Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
>
> /Users/schwern/tmp/stdout.t    1   256     1    1 100.00%  1
> Failed 1/1 test scripts, 0.00% okay. 1/1 subtests failed, 0.00% okay.
>

> Oh look, no diagnostics at all.

um, ok, so I haven't quite finished my coffee this morning, but isn't
that what we would expect without $Test::Harness::verbose being set?  I
certainly don't want diagnostics clogging up my output unless I ask for
them.

 $ perl -MTest::Harness -wle '$Test::Harness::verbose = 1; runtests
@ARGV' /tmp/stdout.t

> Test::Harness throws out all non-TAP stuff going to STDOUT.  This
> includes comments.  So if Test::Builder started sending its diagnostics
> to STDOUT they'd disappear into the ether.

I haven't found that to be true I don't think - because STDERR is the
error_log file, Apache-Test sends everything to STDOUT and it works just
fine for us.  or so it has seemed for a while now...

--Geoff