Adrian Howard wrote:

[snip]

Adrian: How about posting this part on http://perl-qa.yi.org/index.php/Main_Page?

For more general testing discussions I'd recommend joining all of:
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You also might want to look at all or some of:
* http://www.testingeducation.org/BBST/
* http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/
* http://www.opensourcetesting.org/
* http://www.testingreflections.com/
* http://www.testdriven.com/
* http://www.testobsessed.com/
* http://nunit.com/blogs/
* http://googletesting.blogspot.com/
* http://www.developertesting.com/
* http://www.kohl.ca/

And possibly a chunk of the stuff under http://del.icio.us/adrianh/ testing :-)

Book wise think all of these are pretty good.

"Lessons Learned in Software Testing: A Context Driven Approach"
by Cem Kaner, James Bach and Brett Pettichord
(more aimed at folk with "tester" in their job title - but an interesting read)

"Testing Extreme Programming" by Lisa Crispin and Tip House.
(obviously slanted towards XP - but that's a good thing :-)

"Test Driven Development" by Kent Beck
(everybody should read this)

"Test Driven Development: A Practical Guide" by Dave Astels
(some people dislike this book - I quite like it myself, but prefer the Beck)

"FIT for Developing Software: Framework for Integrated Tests" by Robert C. Martin
(if you want to know more about FIT testing)

If you're dealing with legacy code, or code that's not been developed test first, I'd also thoroughly recommend "Working Effectively With Legacy Code" by Michael Feathers.

jimk