On 7 Mar 2007, at 18:59, demerphq wrote:
Neither to me to be a very convincing reason to redesign something as
well thought out as the HTTP response code schema. With it you have a
well documented, well designed language agnostic response structure.
It seems to me youd have to work hard to come up with something
better.

We already have an interface that's even closer to home: emit an error message and return non-zero status.

As I say I'm not thoroughly opposed to using HTTP like responses; just not convinced that even that level of complexity is necessary.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net