Julien Beasley wrote:
> Just to clarify.. I'm fine with running Test::Harness instead of
> TAPx::Harness. One of the things that drew me to Test::Harness was reading
> about TAP and how it's language agnostic. But putting in a non perl
> executable in runtests certainly doesn't work! I want to take advantage of
> the languagage agnosticness of TAP.. whats the test harness to use that
> doesn't care if your test programs are compiled executables, and how do you
> use it? Everything I've read in TAPX::Harness implies the use of an
> interpreter of some kind

This came up recently in a thread on Smolder where someone was trying to use a
program that uses libtap written in C to do something similar.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=31652415&forum_id=49450

The answer basically comes down to use "prove" which is a command line utility
that makes it easy to use Test::Harness and is installed when Test::Harness is
installed. You have to mess with some environment vars to make it not use perl
on your executable though. Something like this:

HARNESS_PERL="" HARNESS_PERL_SWITCHES="" prove test.exe

I'm sure TAPx::Harness can make that much easier.

--
Michael Peters
Developer