Well at my last job, we had hundreds of test files.. and most of them were
really fast because we wanted to keep the total time to a minimum. Even
then, it took over five minutes to run all of our tests, and that was
getting to be Too Long. So I could definitely see in a case like that that
the overhead of starting a new interpreter for each file would add up

Julien

On 3/9/07, chromatic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Friday 09 March 2007 15:39, Julien Beasley wrote:

> However, and I apologize if I'm wrong about
> this, doesn't your proposed solution have to start a new perl
interpreter
> for every single test file? If so, that might up being too slow for
> practical use.

That would surprise me; I would expect that process creation time on your
OS
is reasonably fast and that the work done in the test files themselves
would
overcome startup time.

-- c