On 9 Mar 2007, at 23:57, Julien Beasley wrote:
Well at my last job, we had hundreds of test files.. and most of them were really fast because we wanted to keep the total time to a minimum. Even
then, it took over five minutes to run all of our tests, and that was
getting to be Too Long. So I could definitely see in a case like that that
the overhead of starting a new interpreter for each file would add up

Doing something about it before you know it's a problem would be premature optimisation. Give it a try, see how it works.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net