Hi Thomas,

* Thomas Klausner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-11-12 21:10]:
> The metric will be called prereq_matches_use and shall check if
> all the modules used in a dist are also listed as a prereq.
> (prereq is either gatherd directly from Meta.YMLs 'requires',
> by parsing Build.PL or Makefile.PL)

sounds great to me.

> This results in: Of 12039 dists, 5419 have missing deps

If a sizable fraction of these are in fact valid hits and not
just false negatives due to the trickiness of the problem, then
I would say the metric is direly needed!

> Adiitionally, there is a lot of potential finetuning possible:
>
> - do not award the kwalitee point if there are too many listed
>   prereqs (i.e. the dist requires another dist, without
>   actually using it.) This might be controversial, because
>   authors could lists dists as a prereq which are a prereq of a
>   prereq (etc) - for various valid (?) reasons...

-1. At most this should be an optional metric, but even then it’s
likely as not to be harmful.

> - also check build_requires (I'm not sure if other buildtools
>   than Module::Build support this), with this twist: If dists
>   are only used in tests, but are listed in 'requires', do not
>   award a kwalitee point.

+1

Regards,