* brian d foy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-11-13 21:10]:
> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, David
> Cantrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 10:53:42PM +0100, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
>
> > and:
> >
> > " Foo::Bar is in distribution AUTHOR/Foo-Bar which also
> >   contains Foo::Bar::Baz, so I only need to declare one of
> >   them to get both. "
> >
> > This is also an error, as Foo::Bar::Baz might be moved into a
> > seperate distribution at some point in the future
>
> Well, that's why you check the current distribution to see what
> it provides. I do this in Test::Prereq.

Consider Test::Harness::Straps getting released as a separate
distro recently. Any modules that only use ::Straps but list
Test::Harness as a prereq will now fail to install. If ::Straps
were listed as a dependency, installation would continue to Just
Work. So if you use any module from the CPAN, you should list it
explicitly, not imply it via the main module of its containing
distro.

Regards,