On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 09:47:57PM -0800, Matisse Enzer wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2007, at 8:04 PM, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> >So in order to make everything work robustly, distros should
> >explicitly list every single module they explicitly use ? no
> >shortcuts, no implications.
> basically, I agree completely, with the possible exception of modules
> that are in the Perl core

Which version of the perl core?

Taking a fairly common dependency as an example, Storable was introduced
in 5.8.0, so people using 5.6 won't have it unless you declare it as a
pre-requisite.

You need to list anything that isn't core in the minimum version of
perl that you support.  And ideally  say what that minimum version is.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

Today's previously unreported paraphilia is tomorrow's Internet sensation