On 3 Jan 2008, at 09:15, Adrian Howard wrote:
On 2 Jan 2008, at 20:02, nadim khemir wrote:

On Saturday 29 December 2007 10.11.41 Matisse Enzer wrote:
I've spent some of this holiday season learning how to set up BuildBot

Cabie seems to be as good, if not better (psst, it's written in Perl).

http://cabie.tigris.org/

There's also Michael's rather swizzy Smolder project.

        http://sourceforge.net/projects/smolder

Indeed. Smolder++. You still need something to manage a build farm though. I got about 80% done on Test::SmokeStack (leaving only another few 80%s to do). That was going to talk to Smolder.

Turns out that buildbot is almost exactly what SmokeStack was going to be - so I'll probably divert my attention to buildbot and get that talking to Smolder instead.

My Python Fu is weak but I spent a productive couple of hours hacking about with buildbot last night. My aim is to make it easy to test all the modules in my SVN against multiple Perl's on multiple machines and have the config changes to add a new module be as minimal as possible.

I haven't quite got it right yet: all my modules are currently in a single buildbot project which obviously isn't the intended way of doing things judging by how bb's web UI has scaled to handle it (I have a page about 20,000 pixels wide :)

Once I get it working a bit more satisfactorily I'll make the code available somewhere.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten