David Golden wrote:
On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 It would be nice if NA's included the reason for it being an NA, that being
 the full Makefile/Build.PL output just like if it failed.  I don't see any
 harm in that and it would help identify accidental NAs.

There is only supposed to be one reason for NA -- Perl or platform not
supported.  Anything else is a bug in the reporting software.

See http://cpantest.grango.org/wiki/Reports

For reference, CPAN::Reporter detects NA in any of three ways:

* explicit check for unsatisfied 'perl' in 'requires' section of prerequisites
* parsing for "OS Unsupported" or "No support for OS"
* parsing for error messages from code like "use 5.008" or from "our"
being used in $VERSION strings prior to 5.005

It's that last one that concerns me, it's a bit heuristicy and I've been things be declared NA that should have alerted the author to a backwards compat problem.

CPAN::Reporter also includes PL output for tests that fail or are NA
in the PL stage.  CPANPLUS (which Chris uses) does not -- or at least
not by default as far as I know.

Ahh, I see.

--
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
    -- Phillip K. Dick