David Golden wrote:
On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > * parsing for error messages from code like "use 5.008" or from "our"
 > being used in $VERSION strings prior to 5.005

 It's that last one that concerns me, it's a bit heuristicy and I've been
 things be declared NA that should have alerted the author to a backwards
 compat problem.

Back before you declared 5.005 to be dead, Slaven Rezic created a lot
of chaos with FAIL reports from 5.005_05 when Makefile.PL or Build.PL
didn't have "use 5.006" and then ExtUtils::MakeMaker or Module::Build
tried to eval an "our $VERSION" line from a .pm file.

Don't get me wrong, I think the heuristics are fine. That was in reference to "why I like to see the details of an NA".

--
Ahh email, my old friend.  Do you know that revenge is a dish that is best
served cold?  And it is very cold on the Internet!