On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Fergal Daly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2008/6/10 Gabor Szabo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> So apparently using Test::NoWarnings isn't that cool
>> and mandating it with CPANTS metric is even less cool.
>
> What's the problem with T::NW? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the rest of
> this mail but you seem to be looking for something that will catch
> warnings from other people's test scripts which is no what T::NW is
> about. Or is there some other problem?

Well, the issue is that I would like to eliminate the warnings given by CPAN
modules during testing. (not only mine, everyones)

One way is that they all start to use T::NW in all their test scripts.
That was my original idea by adding it as a metric to CPANTS.

As it turns out people have all kinds of issues with T::NW.
I am not sure if the technical issues are really correct or not and if
you could fix them or not (see also the other thread about CPANTS).

One thing I understand is that they don't want to be "forced" to use this
specific solution.

So I thought I'll look for a solution where someone (a test runner?)
could check if there was any warning from the test. This is of course not
the job of T::NW.

regards
   Gabor

--