David E. Wheeler wrote:
> Hrm. Reading the documentation:
>
> =item * C<verbosity>
>
> Set the verbosity level:
>
>      1   verbose        Print individual test results to STDOUT.
>      0   normal
>     -1   quiet          Suppress some test output (mostly failures
>                         while tests are running).
>     -2   really quiet   Suppress everything but the tests summary.
>     -3   silent         Suppress everything.
>

> This makes me think that -1 should actually be "normal", from what
> Schwern has said, and 0 should include the failures and diagnostics and
> messages and whatnot (# stuff), as Andy seems to have expected in the
> past. But I can't really figure out how to change this without breaking
> compatibility. Can you?

What prove is referring to in -1 is suppressing its own messages about test
failure, not TAP comments.

What you want is a .5 (didn't we figure out in BASIC that you don't closely
space your numeric sequences?) which is "show TAP comments".

The description for verbose should really be "show the raw TAP stream".

--
Being faith-based doesn't trump reality.
        -- Bruce Sterling