Steffen Schwigon wrote:

That could work. The TAP streams could start with the same
"t/xyz.t ..." line as prove already does. Or some other more
unambiguously detectable delimiter line.

The minute we start adding delimiters between TAP streams we again risk introducing non-TAP into the output. Right now TAP ignores anything it doesn't recognize as non-TAP but that amorphous blob of what-is-not-TAP can change and thus break any saved single file TAP archives.

That still raises the need that the remaining TAP output is guaranteed
to be non-TAP, which brings us back to the start of the discussion.

Not even considering the delimiter we already have non-TAP since multiple streams will mean multiple plans, restarting test numbers, etc which will still make it non-TAP.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP