On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 09:54:44AM +0100, Mark Keating wrote:

>                       I am hoping this year to make more contacts
> with the other OS languages and promote the QA to them as well.

That would be super.

To pick a language at random (no, really) I understand that PHP practices TDD
but without TODO tests.  This seems to be the cause of the recent problems in
which the 5.3.7 release contained a bug in crypt().  The tests reported the
failure but it was lost in the noise of 200 other "known" failures.

  http://gcov.php.net/viewer.php?version=PHP_5_3&func=graph&mode=Year

Does anyone have any appropriate contacts in any other languages?  I think it
would be great if we were able to get together and learn from each other.

--
Paul Johnson - p...@pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net