On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 01:07:36AM +0200, Lars Dɪᴇᴄᴋᴏᴡ 迪拉斯 wrote:
> We left the last hackathon with both London and Paris offering to host the
> next one. For once, let's hash out some details early and not procrastinate
> until the lack of remaining time causes stress.
>
> MDK said it would be a good idea to avoid the Olympics and therefore host in
> Paris, with the London people also sitting in with the organisation sessions
> in preparation of the following year. Sounds good?

So we have started to look for venues and sponsors.

Last year's host and main sponsor won't sponsor us this year, because they
want to sponsor other Perl events (with more attendees). I will talk with
the head of the Paris office to inquire about rooms in the Paris office,
but from what I heard, 25 people would not fit comfortably in there.

So, we're on the hunt for other monetary sponsors, and other potential
venues. If you know companies that would like to sponsor the hackathon,
or an individual coming to the hackathon (travel and accomodation),
sent them to me. :-)

Some of our regular venues (French Perl Workshop, OSDC.fr, technical
meetings) are free for us to use, but closed on Mondays. So we might want
to move the hackathon to a Friday-Sunday schedule, to take advantage of
a free venue, and focus the budget on travel/accommodation.

> To the usual suspects on this list, especially the ones who could not attend
> the last times: when do you have time around April? (Traditionally, the QA
> hackathon is from Saturday to Monday and avoids Easter.)

We have noted the preferred dates (last week-end of March), but can't
confirm anything until we have a venue.

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 Mankind is the story of the same mistakes in different places.
                                                 (Moral from Groo #1 (Image))