On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 09:54:12AM -0700, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> ? Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie is a terrific place. I took my daughter
> to Cité des enfants a couple of times when we were in France for six weeks in
> 2008. It was easy to get to via the metro from central Paris, too.

It's walkable from la Gare du Nord. It's not exactly outskirts either.

(Google says 40 minutes. That's certainly within my scale of walkable,
although likely I'd prefer other transport in one hit. But I remember that
when I went to Les Journées Perl 2004, I was staying in a hotel roughly
midway, so walked to it from Gare du Nord, and walked from the hotel to
the venue)

I like things that are convenient for la Gare du Nord. I'm biased :-)

Nicholas Clark