All,

We've been discussing a new release on the hackers list for the last week or so. There's a lot of good additions and bug fixes that have been made by various contributors since the V1.0 release at the end of last year.

Release candidate 1 (RC1) for V1.01 is available for downloading and testing. PPMs for ActiveState perl 5.6 and 5.8 are available from http://www.robmay.me.uk/win32gui/ The PPMs include the CHANGELOG.

It is important to uninstall the previous versions, as these new PPMs install the html document tree in a different location (C:\Perl\html\site\lib\Win32\GUI rather than the incorrect C:\Perl\html\lib\Win32\GUI) - instructions are in the README.TXT file with the distribution.

Assuming that there are no problems with this release candidate, then I would propose making it a formal release in the next few weeks. Please feedback your experiences (good as well as bad) to this list.

I do intend to do some significant work on the documentation in the next week or so, so hopefully those changes will make it into the v1.01 release.

Regards,
Rob.