Robert May wrote:
[edited]

Release candidate 1 (RC1) for V1.01 is available for downloading and testing. PPMs for ActiveState perl 5.6 and 5.8 are available from http://www.robmay.me.uk/win32gui/ The PPMs include the CHANGELOG.

Assuming that there are no problems with this release candidate, then I would propose making it a formal release in the next few weeks. Please feedback your experiences (good as well as bad) to this list.

My server logs show a number of you having downloaded RC1. My assumption from no feedback is that you are having no problems with it, but I can't be sure. Please can I have an "it's OK" or "I'm having trouble" response, so that I can get some confidence of where we are with this release, as I'm reluctant to put a formal build up on Sourceforge based only my experience.

There are a few small changes that I want to complete prior to a V1.01 release (although none of them really affect a PPM distribution). Would any of you how downloaded the RC1 distribution be prepared to test an RC2 distribution as well?

Regards,
Rob.