Hi all,
I've made good progress with a skin application using Win32::GUI.

I've attached 3 files, skin.pl (the application) and skin3.pwgs and
skin4.pwgs (2 skins.  Pwgs = Perl Win GUI Skin)  The pwgs files are created
by a script that I will share in the next few days.  All info about the skin
is stored in the pwgs file, including the bitmaps (compressed with
Compress::Zlib).

The app is simple minded.  In non-skinned mode, it does nothing.  In skinned
mode, it displays random data as a blue bar graph.

While in skin mode, a right click will bring up a popup menu.  A double left
click will allow you to drag the skin (like any window).

To use, save the 3 files in a directory, and run:

skin.pl -s skin3.pwgs

Or

skin.pl -s skin4.pwgs

The code is not real clean yet, and the script to create the skin file isn't
any better.

What would be nice is a Skin class added to Win32::GUI, but I don't have the
expertise to do that myself.

I've asked before if there is interest in working on a Class, but have only
receive a few responses.  Is there any interest in creating a
Win32::GUI::Skin module?

Brian Millham
This message traveled at least 44,000 miles to reach you!
Creator of the DW6000 Monitor
http://www.millham.net/dw6000
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0612-2, 03/23/2006
Tested on: 3/23/2006 10:07:51 PM