Waldemar Biernacki wrote:
Robert May wrote:
I don't have both systems.  What is different between them?
The problem is that one perl script gives different outputs on different Windows versions: XP and 98(SE). Both systems have Perl 5.8.817 (ActiveState) and Win32-GUI 1.05 (installed from ppd). I rewrote the console outputs from both systems (after perl application started then
I pressed 5 keys Down,a,Right,a,Up):

[snip]

However on Windows 98 (SE) when I start the program on the system which is just started then at the first time
I have the same as in XP:
but at second and next times I have the following output:
=================
c:\apps\test_kbd.pl
40|115|F4
65|115|F4
39|115|F4
65|115|F4
38|115|F4
and it is repeatable.

Is my problem clearer for you?

Much clearer. You omitted that it only happens after you exit the application using Alt+F4 - you can run it successfully as many times as you want if you exit using the mouse.

I can repeat this on Win98. I've not looked into it very hard, and can't explain why GetKeyboardState() is saying that the F4 key is pressed when it is not - GetKeyState(VK_F4) shows the same behaviour too. I'm going to put this down to a Win98 problem - it happens even if I start notepad, exit notepad using Alt+F4 and then run the script.

Regards,
Rob.