----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerber, Christopher J" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Dirk Bremer (NISC)'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 15:25
Subject: RE: socket application

> Dirk,
>
> I had hacked together something like this in C at one point.  I think I
have
> a copy of the source code at home.  I'll see if I can find it and then we
> can talk about turning it into Perl.  If I can't find it, I should at
least
> be able to find the API calls.  Are the processes that you're killing
> regular apps, or services.  (Services would be easier.)
>
> Chris

Chris,

They are not services and written in the WinBatch scripting language that
supports the creation of its own windows. They are not console windows per
se, but similar. I have used something in Win32::GUI to locate a particular
window by its title, but have no idea how to kill the window once it has
been located.

Dirk Bremer - Systems Programmer II - ESS/AMS  - NISC St. Peters
USA Central Time Zone
636-922-9158 ext. 8652 fax 636-447-4471

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.nisc.cc