This seems like a useful starting point, courtesy of Dave Roth:
  http://www.roth.net/perl/scripts/scripts.asp?ProcList.pl

In Python, I sometimes use one of the distribution scripts called killProcName.py.
Here's an excerpt which can probably be translated to Perl without too much difficulty:

                handle = win32api.OpenProcess(win32con.PROCESS_TERMINATE, 0,pids[0])
                win32api.TerminateProcess(handle,0)
                win32api.CloseHandle(handle)

I believe that it should be possible to synthesize these two pieces of information and
produce a solution.

Jonathan