I have debug code in the script that prints out the name if it's a
duplicate.  I know I can use another method to make file names but rand was
what was convenient at the time so that's not really the issue.  This should
be regarded as a pure perl problem removed from practical considerations.  I
haven't verified by hand whether the precise order is identical.  But even
if the precise order is off there is still a problem.  Spitting out the same
10 numbers next to each other still qualifies as a problem.  Still waiting
for anyone from ActiveState to comment on this aspect of it.

--
REMEMBER THE WORLD TRADE CENTER         ---=< WTC 911 >=--
"...ne cede malis"

00000100